SOFTUB TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
- No lights on the GFCI or control panel
- Check to ensure there is power at the outlet by plugging a lamp or
similar object into the same plug.
- Push the test and reset buttons on the GFCI
- If there is power at the outlet and the GFCI will not reset: Replace
- No lights on the control panel and the GFCI light is on
- Push the test and reset buttons of the GFCI
- If the lights on the control do not come back on this may indicate a
need for a new upper control or circuit board. Please call service
center for diagnostic technical support to ensure you purchase the
- Power light is blinking
- Push the reset button on the control panel and unplugging and
plugging your pump back in
- If the light still blinks: Replace circuit board
- Water in tub is not getting warm enough (104 max temp)
- Be sure to use an accurate temperature measuring device and set
dial/control pad at 10 and wait until motor stops running (Please
note: The first time you fill your Softub with water it may take
several days to reach 104F)
- Is the pump running?
Softubs are designed to draw heat from the
running motor to heat the water….if your pump is running your tub
WILL heat. Be sure the air is in the off position, water will still
- If the pump is running: How long does it run at one time? If your
motor is short cycling or turning itself on and off at quicker
intervals than normal you may need a new circuit board or pump.
- If the pump is running and shutting off too soon replace the circuit
- If the pump is humming instead of running and possibly tripping your
- Replace the pump
LEAKAGE FROM THE HYDROMATE
- First, check the connecting blue hoses and the red hoses on your
motor (the red hoses are found inside the Hydromate foam shell)
- If leakage is from the blue or red hoses, tighten/replace hose
- If the leakage is from the pump, check the area between the motor
and the pump housing. Corrosion in this area implies long term
- Replace pump or pump seal. (Please note: Corrosion seen in this area
suggests a shorter motor life)
LEAKAGE FROM TUB
- Turn Hydromate off and allow your tub to leak until the water level
stabilizes. This water line is just below the area that is leaking.
- Check the gaskets and wall fittings .
- Check for any cracks or holes.
(Note: It is very uncommon for the plumbing inside the tub walls to
leak or defect.)
Softubcenter.com for Softub Repair